It's been an exciting few weeks here in Nashville. Of particular note is Charlie's delving into the cruel world of eating with a spoon. Yes, those are processed green beans. Yikes.
Thomas is really trying hard to convince us he's capable and ready to quit wearing diapers to bed. Considering he still occasionally wets himself through his diaper, we have our doubts.
Nancy still wakes up during the night on occasion, yelling, "It's not dark yet!" This, of course, is hardly true at 3:00 a.m. Typically all she needs is to have her blanket put back on her and she goes back down. Laura has tried teaching her how to put her blanket back on by herself. So now, rather than calling for us to help her, she calls out, "Mommy! I did it!"
I'm not going to talk about Charlie's nighttimes. Because it elicits swears.
Thomas has moved on from his obsession with Spiderman, and is now completely enamored with Power Rangers. He gets to watch "controller shows" during the day sometimes (YouTube videos he navigates with a controller on the TV), and about a month ago he discovered Power Rangers. Who knew there were about 20 seasons? That's incredible. Thomas quickly fell in love with Power Rangers Samurai, but realizing how utterly adulterated that version is, we checked out the first season of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers for him from the library. You know, with Jason, Billy, Trini, Zack, and the oh-so-fine pink ranger, Kimberly.
Laura went to a ward ladies' book club recently. The book was The Bishop's Wife. I read it as well when it was laying around. The consensus: that's a terrible book. It seems to have been written for 11-year-olds and people who hate men and are convinced every other person in their neighborhood is a potential murderer.
My parents sent us a Valentine's Day package, which included socks for the kids, candies, and The Land Before Time. We watched the movie this morning. I thought I could make it through without sobbing this time. I was wrong. I have watched many heavy and sad movies without blinking an eye, but The Land Before Time kills me. That and Finding Nemo. We also had a homemade heart-shaped pizza party to celebrate the holiday (including watching more Power Ranger).
For my birthday, Laura surprised me with tickets to the Music City Roots show--a live radio show that features some great artists. This particular night was a tribute to Sam Phillips (the producer of Sun Records who discovered Elvis and many other rock-n-roll legends). The music scene is definitely awesome here!
For my birthday, Laura surprised me with tickets to the Music City Roots show--a live radio show that features some great artists. This particular night was a tribute to Sam Phillips (the producer of Sun Records who discovered Elvis and many other rock-n-roll legends). The music scene is definitely awesome here!
We've had a fair amount of winter weather in the past few weeks. One Friday we got about six inches of snow in eight hours. They say it's the most snow in this area in the last decade. The city shuts down when there is even the slightest bit of snow, so I got the day off work and the kids and I had some fun sledding down the steps in the back yard.
No comments:
Post a Comment